Harmony Children's Village provides inclusive childcare for babies and toddlers (up to age 3) with and without medical conditions. For example:
- babies with no history of medical complications who's parents desire smaller ratios and a highly specialized childcare experience while their infants are very young
- babies who have spent time in the NICU due to premature birth and/or medical complications
- babies and toddlers who have been hospitalized and discharged home with continued nursing care needs such as feeding tubes and oxygen
- babies and toddlers with genetic conditions requiring special medical interventions for optimal health and growth
- other special circumstances, like babies with compromised immune systems who require an environment where they're protected more carefully from possible viruses or bacteria.
- Please go to our model of care description or email us through the contact form to ask about our customized services!
This new model of care features low caregiver ratios and experienced pediatric RNs on staff making it unlike any other childcare in Georgia, since all the state's medically fragile daycares closed in 2015.*
"Better beginnings, better balance" sums up what our mission is all about: helping each family find the right balance for them. To accomplish this parents need trustworthy support during the exciting and challenging time as they raise their babies and toddlers. When infants are very young or when they face unique medical challenges parents need quality caregivers like ours who have experience, expertise and passion for what they do.
Harmony Children's Village is starting small to
expand at a pace that accommodates the
families in our community.
The first phase of Harmony Children's Village is NOW OPEN: a babysitting and respite care service provided by RN and founder, Lilly Pulko, in her home located in Roswell, Georgia.
With availability Monday to Friday, Lilly cares for only two children at a time allowing her to focus on each child's individual needs as well as ensure the health of the environment while the children benefit from socialization. Infants and toddlers can play safely with peers while limiting their exposure to larger groups of children where viruses and bacteria are prone.
This service provides all families with a developmentally stimulating childcare environment and also offers skilled nursing care for infants who need it.
Our vision for the future is to create an inclusive childcare facility for preemies, babies, and toddlers with and without medical conditions in the metro-Atlanta area.
We are hard at work determining the details and building the foundation for our center. We will keep this website up to date with our progress. It takes a village!
Lilly Pulko, RN, BSN, Founder, President of the Board
Melody Crowley, BA, Vice President of the Board
Kristin Picken, RT, Secretary of the Board
Sara Malas, BA, Operations Director
Tom Crowley, BS, IT Director
Our Model of Care
Nursing Care Provided
The following are examples of the types of nursing care provided at Harmony Children's Village.
- Tube feedings: breastmilk and/or formula via G-tubes (gastric tubes inserted by a surgeon) and NG tubes (naso-gastric tubes that can be placed/re-placed by a nurse) using syringes and feeding pumps
- Oral medications: Prescription and over the counter medications by mouth or via G-tubes/NG tubes
- Oxygen delivery: via Nasal Cannula O2) and pulse oximetry monitoring
- Inhaled medications: via nebulizer or inhaler (albuterol etc.) and pulmonary procedures such as an Airway Clearance Vest for children with Cystic Fibrosis
- Injection medications: For example insulin sub-cutaneous (sub-q) injections for diabetic children
- Skin and wound care: dressing changes for ostomy/ colostomy bags, and partial/ full body bandage changes for children with Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB)
- Additional support: exercises that have been prescribed by a Physical Therapist, Speech Therapist and/or Occupational Therapist
- Other procedures as prescribed by a physician
*Please note that all nursing care provided must be prescribed by a physician's written orders and consent for treatments must be signed by the parents and all the applicable doctors involved in the care plan.
Harmony Children's Village welcomes children with many different medical conditions. Here are some diagnosis examples:
- Developmental Delay due to premature birth
- Feeding difficulties/ G-tubes, NG tubes, GERD
- Cleft lip/palate and post-op feeding difficulties
- Hirschsprung's Disease/ ostomy and colostomy bag care
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Apnea of prematurity, other respiratory conditions
- Cystic Fibrosis (CF)
- Asthma and/or Severe allergy management
- Type I Diabetes (aka Juvenile Diabetes/ insulin dependent)
- Downs Syndrome
- Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB)
- Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- Sensory Disorders, and Neurological disorders
- Epilepsy/ seizures
- Hemophilia, Sickle Cell Anemia and other blood disorders
- Immune deficiency
- Children receiving ongoing treatments for acute and chronic conditions such as Aplastic Anemia, Leukemia etc.
- Children with central line access such as Ports, PICC lines and CVL's will be considered on a case-by-case basis